1. Constantly monitor computer information for all buildings, being alert for alarms signaling low temperatures, intrusion, fire and floods
2. Take appropriate action as required dependent on type of alarm
on cold temperature alarm, access that school via energy computer link and attempt to command systems into operational mode
3. Dispatch on duty security persons, police and/or fire department as required
4. Contact maintenance/custodial employee for emergencies as required
5. Perform such other Duties as may be assigned by the SupervisorEquipment Used:
Video monitors, computer, telephone
1. Secondary school diploma plus up to three months of related experience.
2. Durham's Energy Management Computer Training and Durham's Mechanical Equipment Course.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and public.Please note: This is a supply position and hours are not guaranteed. Availability is required for weekends and shift work (days shift, afternoon shift and midnight shift). The DDSB is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring of qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our region. We encourage submissions from candidates who represent the various dimensions of diversity. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.While we appreciate all applications received, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.